“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gelato alla nutella (nutella ice-cream)

What is there not to like about Nutella?  It infuses the perfect combination of creaminess, sweetness, yet bitterness. Which is no doubt why Italian's are proud to claim Nutella as their own, originally from Piedmont.  You will probably find a jar in the pantry of most Italian households.  Also some coffee shops have massive five litre jars sitting behind the counter, quite a sight!  I do actually have the recipe to make my own Nutella but for the purpose of making this ice-cream I am using the original tried and true version- purchased from the store! This gelato is SO yummy and is so simple to make.  It possess all of the words I used to describe Nutella, but is amplified in a frozen delicious version!  I remember on my first visit to Italy many years ago this was one of my favourite gelato flavours, and  still is!!
  
What you need:
300 ml full cream milk
200ml fresh full fat cream
1/2 cup caster sugar (anti freeze agent)
300 gr Nutella
How to make:
1: Add the milk, cream and sugar in a medium size bowl and whisk until the sugar has absorbed.  Using a hand held whisk add the Nutella in small batches to the cream mixture and blend
2:  Once all of the ingredients have been combined pour slowly into a frozen ice-cream churn.  Churn for approximately 45 minutes or until the mixture has thickened
3: Pour the thickened mixture into a metal container and place covered in the freezer
               
Buon gelato!





No comments:

Post a Comment