“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

patate arrosto- roast potatoes

Wait- before you even think about putting your potatoes in the oven this Christmas, you must read this zingy recipe. Let's just say that I am "pretty much famous" for my roast potatoes! My friend Marybeth requested them on her recent visit, my housemate loves them (and is making them for his family this Christmas in Naples), and last year when I cooked for a house they were frequently asked for. My friend Alberto went crazy for them yesterday when I made them for lunch. In fact I had made enough for 4-6 people as I had planned to have left-overs, but they were so damn delicious, needless to say most of them got eaten (by Alberto of course...ahem)! There is also a running joke in my house that when I cook I always use 'my garden', referring to me constantly opening our kitchen window and picking the herbs I have growing. The rosemary not only adds a lovely flavour but fills your house with a sensational aroma whilst roasting.
Any-way enough of blowing my own potato trumpet. They are so crazy easy to make as all you need to do is wash and chop, no peeling required here- making for a crisper result. The combination of herbs, lemon, salt and garlic makes for perfect bite size pieces of potato goodness.
What you need:
8-10 medium size potatoes (for 4-6 people)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
two medium size juicy lemons
two sprigs of rosemary
a good sprinkling of salt
one bulb of garlic
How to make:
Wash the potatoes well, simply cut the potatoes in even size pieces as photographed below. Remove any imperfections. Cut the lemons in quarters, tear the foliage from the rosemary, place either full heads of garlic or individual cloves in a large oven tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, and sprinkle salt over. Use your hands to massage the oil over the potatoes making sure every surface is well coated. Place in a pre-heated 180 degree oven for about 45 minutes to one hour. Once the potatoes have been cooking for half and hour, use a spatula to turn and loosen.
my herb garden outside my kitchen window





No comments:

Post a Comment