“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Buon Santo Stefano- Happy boxing day

In Italy boxing day is known as Santo Stefano, which holds great religious significance. Since I am not a devout follower, I will not go into the long explanation of who Stefano was- it's a long story dating back to around 33 AD. 
Most of us in Australia associate boxing day with spending time in long lines waiting to buy the latest bargain after fighting another person for the last gadget on the shelve. However, here in Italy the focus is on spending time at home with family. Boxing day has always been a special day for me in Australia spent with my family- today I reminisce of spending hours sitting around the table with them and how I sincerely miss this.
The lead up to Christmas here has been a none stop food marathon, our bellies are well and truly full. My Christmas day literally included around 30 courses (I am not complaining). After such indulgence, it it common for dinner on Christmas night or on boxing day to eat soup- something much lighter. A typical example is 'tortellini in brodo'- although so simple to prepare it is really one of my favourite things to eat. Search this blog on how to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment