“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Torta al cioccolato- Chocolate cake

Once you make this cake, you will want to make it for everyone you know. For you will want to share it's gloriousness with all. It is so rich, dense and oh so chocolaty. Just the perfect low lying height with a crispy crust and gooey centre. Now, I have spent time in my fair share of Michelin star restaurants, and could I be bold and say that a slither of this cake could be served in one (insert theatrics here)?
I first discovered this cake in Bologna as it is originally from a close by town called Vignola (the cake is known as Torta barozzi di Vignola). There are many recipes to be found, some include a shot of espresso coffee. 
This recipe is simple to make but insanely good to eat. I stress that you must use good quality dark chocolate to gain richness.
Believe it or not, I am actually not a massive fan of chocolate but this cake has me hooked for life, and has found me many friends along the way!
what you need:
400g 70% cocoa dark chocolate (I used 2 blocks Lindt chocolate)
two cups of sugar
250g butter
two tablespoons of plain flour
two tablespoons corn starch 
two tablespoons cream
four eggs 
pinch of salt
How to make:
1: Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan on a low heat
2: Add the sugar, corn starch, and flour
3: Whisk eggs, cream and pinch of salt lightly. Add to chocolate mixture and whisk lightly
4: Pour into a paper lined baking cake tin
5: Cook in a pre-heated 180 degree oven for about 45 minutes until cooked, remove and allow to cool
6: Sprinkle with icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment