“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

vellutata di funghi/ mushroom soup

During this Christmas period of ridiculous extravagance to the point non posso piu” (I can`t anymore), I decided to revet to one of my favourite ever things to make, soup! Not that this soup is exactly a light dish. It is rich, creamy and quite indulgent. Non the less, it is liquid and relatively light in comparison the wild boar, lentils, polenta, boiled sausage and 10 kilos of prosciutto I have witnessed in these days. Soup is always a comfort food and is exactly the fix I needed to warm my bones from the cold weather we are experiences here in Tuscany. This soup is super easy to make, as it calls for only a few ingredients and one big pot. It is also extremely delicious and a perfect luxurious soup to serve to guests.
What you need:
One kilo of mushrooms, what ever variety you can find in season 
400 grams of homemade beef stock/stock
One large white onion
A few garlic cloves depending on the your taste 
Fresh thyme leaves, the perfect partner for mushrooms
Olive oil
1/2 cup of fresh full cream
Sicilian salt and fresh cracked black pepper 

How to make:
1: In a large pan sautĂ© the roughly chopped onions, garlic,thyme,  generous amount of olive oil and salt. Saute the onions for roughly five minutes or until soft and translucent 
2: Wash and pat dry the mushrooms and roughly chop. Add to the pan. Add the beef broth/stock. Stir well and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil and then lower the flame to simmer for roughly 20 minutes 
3: Remove the thyme sticks. Add the cream and then use a hand blender to mix well until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper
4: Serve with crusty bread croutons and drizzle with good quality olive oil
#funghi #mushroom #zuppa #vellutata #soup 

No comments:

Post a Comment