“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Crostini di salsiccia e olio di tartufo- Sausage and truffle oil on crusty bread

Take your apertivo to the next level and impress your guests with this decadent pre dinner treat.  As there are only a few ingredients needed, it is really important that they are of optimal quality.  I wouldn't really call this a recipe as such, rather a few simple yet integral steps to follow.  This is the epitome of luxurious Tuscan cuisine, and perfect for Autumn months.  When truffle oil hits the warm crostini a sense of indulgence fills the air, and makes me so nostalgic about cozy Tuscan nights spent by the fireplace with a glass of vino rosso.
You will need:- 200 grams roughly of good quality Italian style sausage(I source mine from Nino and Joe's)- Good quality truffle oil(I used forest garden from grecianpurveyor.com)- A rustic baguette, about 12 slices - Drizzle of good quality olive oil- Sprigs of rosemary for presentation 
Method:- Remove innards from the sausage in a bowl and gently mash- Cut the bread into even pieces and place on an oven tray, lightly drizzle with olive oil. Toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.- Spread the sausage mince on each crostini piece and cook in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes.- Remove crostini from the oven and place on a plate, and drizzle liberally with truffle oil.  Enjoy immediately with a glass of vino!

5 comments:



  1. Yummy Easy Momos Recipe
    As you might have noticed, I am currently exploring different cuisines from all over the
    world. Recently, I tried a dish from Asian cuisine and absolutely loved it. Thats ’s
    when I discovered this chicken momos recipe.


    Chicken Momos Recipe

    Delicious Momos Recipe

    How to Make Milk Tea

    How to Make a Sandwich

    How to Make French Fries

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete