“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pasta con verdure miste (mixed vegetables with pasta)

Today I found myself scrolling through my endless photographs of food. Time has not permitted me to write about even half of them.  Given that today is Tuesday and this dish is so quick and simple to prepare, I thought I would share with you- perfect for a mid week whip up!  I have listed all of the vegetables used in this instance, but of course you can substitute for your favourites.  The key is to select fresh and seasonal produce, you can't go wrong!
What you need:
two medium eggplant plants
two medium shallots (red onion)
one yellow capsicum
one punnet roma baby tomatoes
5-6 garlic gloves smashed
handful fresh basil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and cracked black pepper
fresh pasta 
How to make:
1: Cut the vegetables roughly the same size.  Cut the tomatoes in half.  Smash garlic gloves and roughly chop.  
2: Place vegetables evenly on a large oven tray.  Drizzle over oil, salt and pepper.  Use your hands to make sure vegetables are evenly coated in oil.
3: Place in a pre-heated 180 degrees oven for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
4: Add cooked vegetables to drained and lightly oiled fresh pasta (remember to add salt to pasta water), gently stir through.  Tear fresh basil leaves on top.  Squeeze a little lemon juice if desired!



No comments:

Post a Comment